Living Room Home Decor Ideas
* Check thrift stores for gently used luggage racks/holders. Some might fold up and remain in the closet when not in use.
* Recycle old furniture like tables, chairs or sofas from other rooms here. With slipcovers or a professional cleaning, the guests can enjoy a nice sofa or chair for reading.
Suit your children’s rooms to their ages: baby, toddler, preschooler, pre-teen, and teen.
Build storage around kid’s needs. A blogworm would need more shelves than a science-minded kid.
Fabrics may follow this approximation: gingham for girls, corduroy for boys and plush fabrics for the stuffed animal lover.
Wash and switch out your child’s pillow(s) often, especially a child with asthma or allergies. (You also might want to do the same for stuffed animals. They can be placed in a plastic bag, then in the freezer for a few days to kill dust mites.)
Canopies for a little girl’s room can be fun, as when else will she have the chance to sleep under a gingham canopy? (I had a friend who said her childhood was deprived, so she put up a four poster bed with mosquito netting. Husband’s reaction? “Where are we, Calcutta??”)
Bunk beds are a blast for either girls or boys. This is a fun addition to the room and will help with friends sleeping overnight. (Be sure to teach safety from the top bunk so there are no accidents!)
Living Room Home Decor Ideas Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- 5 Ways To Secure Your Home
- A Fiery-Red Home Sizzles With Simplistic Modern Design
- 10 Best New Year Decoration Ideas Home
- 10 Kohler Bathroom Design Ideas
- 10 Christmas Decorating Ideas For The Home