SWEET CHILLI LIME CHICKEN AND SAFFRON RICE
2 trimmed chicken breasts
Juice of 1 lemon freshly squeezed
salt and pepper
i/2 tsp chilli flakes
2 cubes unsalted butter
1 medium size onion Method
1. 1. Season the chicken breast with salt and pepper on both sides.
2. In a shallow pan, add oil and place the chicken breast in it. let it cook on low heat for 6 minutes on each side.
3. Add lemon juice, chilli flakes and unsalted butter.
Serve with saffron rice and vegetables of your choice. Drizzle the remaining lemon and chilli butter reduction from the pan over it.
1 cup rice
saffron as desired
1 tsp. vegetable oil
i/2 cup chopped onions Method
4. Place large saucepan over medium heat, add 1 tsp vegetable oil, chopped onions, saffron, and 1tsp teaspoon salt. Add rice and reduce heat to low. Cook for 2 minutes or until you hear a popping sound.
Add boiling water, cover
5. When cooked, remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork.